Re: {Chrysler 300} We were the Ram Chargers

Re: {Chrysler 300} We were the Ram Chargers

Besides our 300F and A833 four speed K, we also have a ‘56 Golden Hawk with the Packard 352 and the T85 O/D . I am a fan of that trans. Years ago I had a ‘57 Golden Hawk with the same T85 but that car had the Hurst Synchro Loc floor shift. When I bought that car, I learned there was a feature to remove the 1-2 shift detent. I took the pin out and it made a world of difference for power shifts (in fact, I’m looking for a Synchro Loc for our ‘56).

I know that early Max Wedge cars used the T-85 but don’t know how the breakage rates compare with the A745 but I know that the Max Wedge cars were all most successful with the 727 (the “Candymatics”, for those of you old enough to remember😁)

Keith