{Chrysler 300} Seat Belt Covers-Risers --- A short tech note

{Chrysler 300} Seat Belt Covers-Risers --- A short tech note

Hi All.

Just a note. I pickled up some seat belt covers-risers for the front seat of the 300K. people were bitching about fishing for the door side of the belt. I think these are a little taller than the ones for the bucket seats. But they seem to fit fine although you must navigate your fingers around it to get to the bucket seat latch.

The real issue is the plastic. It is stiff as a board. There is no way to get the seat belts into the darn things.

So, what I did was boil a pot of water and tossed it in for a minute or so. You must watch them close as they go from stuff to very soft fast.

I inserted the buckle in front the bottom and then pushed it up with a set of cooking (flat) tongs then pulled the buckle through. I then took the end with the mounting bracket held out of the way of the cover and placed the cover end into the water for about 30 seconds then pulled it out and pulled at the top and slipped the bracket into the cover and got the edges to sit over the bracket as intended. No cracks anyplace.

In about 10 minutes it stiffened back up and I installed them. Seems to work fine.

Best, James

---