{Chrysler 300} 300K Shroud...

I took the shroud off when I had the radiator rebuild and I put on the fluid drive fan. The old fan had been removed at some point for a non-A/C set up.

It has all been working fine, but tomorrow I am taking the car in for an A/C charge. I wanted to put the shroud back in and found out that one must take the fan off to get the lower section in or out.

When I went to put it in, I grabbed the half that has the studs on the side. Thinking that the upper then slips over those studs. (Not counting the two bolts in each at the corners that screw into the radiator support).

Well, there is no way that the lower would clear the lower radiator hose and outlet.

Now I sort of remember the radiator shop saying something about replacing the lower radiator hose outlet. --- I think?

So, either they did something so that now the lower shroud will not clear OR my memory stinks and the half with the stud is the upper and not the lower.

Can anyone clear this up for me?  It went back together but it is close on the bottom fan blade wise. I am heading down to the garage and will fire it up and see if anything rubs.

Thanks, James

---