Re: {Chrysler 300} Bumper Plating

Pete,

Hexavalent vs Trivalet Chrome

Since your probably going to Carlisle next week, if you can take them with you, consider Librandi's Plating in Middletown Pa. which is a suburb of Harrisburg near the Harrisburg airport. Call them and ask if they will be at the Chrysler Carlisle show and you could leave them there. Ask for Todd Librandi, (you could drop my name if you wish). He is the owner and ask him if he could give an estimate. Generally, they don't want to quote prices because they like to see the bumpers to see the before condition; dings, bends, rust, etc.

They have done a few of my cars over the years. He may not be cheaper but chroming has gone skyward over the past few years thanks to our EPA.  As far as I know, he is one of the few that still uses the old "Hexavalent" chrome process vs the "Trivalent" chrome that most are using now because of EPA and toxicity.  Trivalent chrome can be more "grayish" appearing if the electrochemical processes are not kept very clean. It can become downright gray. Hexavalent is the old process used before the 70's and looks like the old "bluish" color chrome like our vintage of cars.  All chrome is not equal even if it is a copper, nickel, chrome in content. You get what you pay for, most of the time. Emoji

Anyway, hope this information helps make a decision for a rechromer as well as cost.
John