{Chrysler 300} 1962 Dash Pad Installation

{Chrysler 300} 1962 Dash Pad Installation

I need more advice….please.
I am trying to install my new dash pad.
The old one is off.
The metal dash is clean of old residue.
The dash is stripped of everything (Astradome, Chrome, Radio, Trans & Heater Buttons, Etc.).

I have placed the Top Cast Piece, in position, that lives inside the Pad; above the Astradome.
I can lay the Pad onto the metal dash….
I can align the Pad Metal Arrow Fasteners into the slots on the passenger side…

And then I get stuck because:
I don’t understand how to carefully & successfully marry the Top Cast piece onto the underlying Astradome painted metal.
Here is an image of where I get stuck….
The Dash.jpeg
Should I unscrew the painted part & try to marry them within the pad?
(Although I tried that I still failed)
Should I trim more of the pad flap where the “Eyebrow” eventually lives?
(Would that allow for more movement with the pair of pieces?)

I just cannot seem to get the pieces to marry enough for the drivers side metal arrow fasteners to be low enough to align with their slots.
If anyone has helpful hints; please let me know.
Thank you!
Matt Allyn

---