Re: Re[2]: {Chrysler 300} Brake component/kit supplier

I have had issues with Chinese manufactured parts. I prefer to avoid them all. I no longer install customer supplied parts, being in the end I bear the responsibility. Shopkeeper insurance doesn't cover like it used to, no protection from lawsuits.

Get Outlook for Android

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Carl Bilter <cbilter@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 1, 2024 6:59:24 AM
To: Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>; chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re[2]: {Chrysler 300} Brake component/kit supplier

Yes, some of the Chinese made parts seem fine and dandy - at least for awhile.  I agree that the part is only as good as the specs to which it is manufactured and the QC.  My anecdotal experience has been thst, irrespective of major name brand, while initial quality seems ok, the longevity and reliability has not been up to the standards of USA made parts of yesteryear, specifically with brake master cylinders.  I have had good results with wheel cylinders, providing that DOT5 silicone is used.  Buying locally, such as at NAPA or chain parts stores, offers the ease of return of a defective part for free repalcement, albeit at a higher initial cost.  Returning a part to Rock Auito is a PITA and the buyer bears the expense of return shipping.  That said, premature failure of parts gets old really fast.

Carl