RE: {Chrysler 300} 300C Project in Utah

John, Someday I need to have a beer with you.  James

From: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2024 13:14
To: James Douglas <jdd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>; chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 300C Project in Utah

i had a real healey le mans 100-4 , aluminum body parts and all , (2 seats , not 4 )

Worth ? 250 today ? in mid 60’s

i put a 265 chev then a 300 hp 62 chev 327 with T 10 4 speed into it  .

Engine was set back such  that distance between u joints was 8 ” ( had to cut ends off U joint forging ). I used two 57 plymouth hanging pedals to do that . Hydraulic clutch from Ford truck  . Broke healey axles first day with 327 . put your elbow on valve cover if so inclined .

So wanting to keep wire wheels, put a whole jag 120 axle under it , big and littles before hot rod  guys , nice rake . Jag has 16” wheels and cool knockoffs . Traction bars made of 1” threaded rod .

That car cost me my license , it would wheel stand just like a motorcycle in first .

Up in  air like that one night showing off at 2 AM  in the middle of Harvard  square , lost control , into a store . Charlie’s Kitchen played a role .25 16 oz buds.

Janis Joplin at Harvard stadium ( last concert they ever had there , you know why ), Jug Band  at club 47  Newport Folk riot , Healey was there!

Those cobras were getting faster than my 392 mopar  had to do something !

exhaust on healey exited by grey painted 2” electrical sweep elbows just behind front wheels ( when open ) screw on pipe caps ——car was in prime ..

That and later on, a red real hemi cuda 4 speed , w cuda  package , a stripper — , radio delete etc 4:11 ( 2M $ today?) are cars I should have left alone . Hemi cuda got to 480” and reverse pattern torquflight  . can’t get power to ground on street , like driving on ice  .

But healey sure could do that!

Still got beat — by 480” olds in 50 olds coupe  , J2  intake , end two carbs were running methanol , two gas tanks   B and M hydro stick (4;1 first) and 4:11 gear too .How about that idea!!! guy was smart . It smelled like a model airplane when he got in it . He was two cars in front of anybody in the first  second , you could never catch him even if gaining

Mentioning that healey got me going …

john G

( nothing like 20 yo  and a really fast car… if you like jail ) . But still , would like to repeat that tonight!

Sent from my iPhone