[Chrysler300] Re: do I need this??

On 10/30/2013 2:10 PM, paul wrote:

Man, I must have been really out of it yesterday to scribble the
garbled message I sent yesterday.

Ok, lets try this again with out the sinus headache I had yesterday.

I Typed

 > Ok, still browsing e-bay for miscellaneous stuff for my long lingering
 > resto of a C.
 > The car presently still gives me the impression it was A/C equipped.
 > But I didn't get a set of 'bumped' valve covers that allowed the oil
 > system for the vent(?)

I have a set of the 1957 300 valve covers But they do not have
provisions for any oil line hookups like I have read about for A/C
cars.
I can't recall having seen and studied the setup for A/C on a 57,
or at least at this time my memory says, 'Nope ain't seen that annimule
yet.'

As I understand it 57 being the first year for the 'newer' stuff had
some 'one year only' A/C parts and configuration.

I have most all the stuff for redoing the A/C system, and some spare
parts. I am fairly certain that the car has/had factory A/C.
One of the heads that came off the 300 motor has the drilled and tapped
holes for the compressor mount, I have the little oil thing that was on
the firewall for the vent operation(??), and lots of A/C stuff in a pile
after the tear down of the car.

I typed

 > I DO know the car had been messed with a lot before I got it.

At some point before the car left California it got 'restofied'
things added, things taken off, repainted, and in general more of a hot
rod. BUT most all the Right 300 stuff was still there.

I typed

 > There is currently a standard FirePower set of valve covers on ebay,
 > www.ebay.com/itm/121204669502

 > Do I need the cover with the 2 ports for oil?? as shown in that
 > listing??

The valve covers on ebay have what appears to be oil return fittings as
might have been found on a 57 only A/C hemi.
Is that thinking right?
Would I Need those fittings??

I have dredged up a recollection noting in the brain that I needed to
do something to the valve cover I have to accommodate the oil return??
If the 300's had A/C and had an oil return line dumping into the valve
cover, I don't have that.

Somewhere here (car is still in shop) I think I need to find the valley
cover off that engine to check to see if it was provisioned for an oil
return fitting instead of the valve cover. Right??

Hears hoping this is a lot clearer question today!

thanks!

--
Paul Holmgren
These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the

For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylangYahoo Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: