From: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:15 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] 300C/D issues

HI all, John Grady here;

Thanks for considering the following:

I had a purchased 392 D engine, going to replace a C engine that had been pulled from an abandoned C long ago, so many small things are missing.

The C needed a new frame, J-Y and I did that , definitely back from dead type thing.

D engine was last known to be run in a ski boat in California in 1960, since then rebuilt by large West Coast Chev ski engine pro  , on display in his shop many years. Never run . Some new D met its end before 1960, engine went to boat?

We thought we had D , or , better put,  letter car valve covers with it , but it turns out someone had apparently made a rectangular square tool or die and heated a stock 392 hydraulic lifter cover and then sort of stamped the dimples outward from inside ; painted it gold, fooled me. (auugh) . This elongated the spark plug holes some what , so not a good idea...but more to it than that :

Why the post,  is that despite that sad aspect, when engine was turned over , valve gear hit the cover, ---but not near the dimples—in flat parts of it . So, are lettercar/marine/industrial covers also taller overall than hydraulic covers ? Might be?

So, I need real 300 covers, if anyone has a pair . I assume 55 -58 fit?

Also need generator to manifold bracket, (no AC), the generator slotted arm, and vacuum fitting that holds the start block switch with the PBrake hose barb. Bracket we have has a step in it, for some other manifold than C/D dual quad?

While posting, this engine came with  a dual quad WCFB carb setup on it , correct D manifold but not 300 carbs(?) . They have throttle rod side throttle shaft ends that hang too low , they hit the D manifold near WOT . They are correct bore for 300, so not Chevy corvette WCFB dual quads which we understand to be smaller bores . They are a real dual quad WCFB setup, -- could be used if up on ½” spacers . But we do have right ones . Anyone know anything of these carbs ? Packard or Cad?

Thanks for help ---or comments,

John