From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ray Melton
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 12:29 PM
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Need rear shock stud for '57 300C

A couple of months ago, I was looking for the right rear lower spring perch
with shock mounting stud for my 1957 Chrysler 300C, and one Club member
responded that he had that item available for sale.   Since I really only
needed the stud itself, I was eventually able to order that small part from
Mancini Racing, and therefore deleted that member's response to me.  Now, it
turns out that the stud I ordered is incorrect and Mancini doesn't have what
I actually need.  At least half a dozen salvage yards specializing in old
Mopars don't have what I am looking for.

So, I am hoping that member will read this and get back to me with his offer
to sell the entire spring perch/shock mount stud assembly.

In the event that doesn't get me the part, I am again seeking any members
who may also have this item as described below:

RIGHT REAR LOWER SHOCK ABSORBER MOUNTING PLATE WITH STUD:

This is the heavy steel plate under the leaf spring(s) which is held in
place by the two U-bolts over the axle.

Part No. 1820438 is stamped on the lower surface.  I believe this same part
would also be found on 1957-1958 Chryslers, Imperials and DeSotos.

My shock mounting stud broke off upon removing the nut.  If you can safely
remove just the stud (with nuts) from the plate

(either left or right side), that stud part is actually all I need.  The
stud is approximately 2-1/2 inches overall length:

Approx.  1.5 inches in the longer part that goes through the shock bushing,
measured from the bottom of the 7/8" hex where it

screws into the spring perch.   The short threaded end going through the
spring perch is about 1 inch long.

The diameter of the smooth, shouldered part of the stud is 0.685".   Threads
on both ends of the stud are 1/2" - 20

Thanks for any help.

Ray Melton

Group" button