Re: [Chrysler300] Need shocks for 1957 300C

Re: [Chrysler300] Need shocks for 1957 300C

John,
I can add this to your comments:
I did a 100% restoration to a 1963 S1 E Type Jaguar a few years ago. Every single part was either rebuilt or replaced with new . I sent the Koni shocks in for rebuild to Kentucky, but they sent me back brand new ones as replacements . I was crazy about the handling.

My son drove it, and asked me to build one for him. Mine was absolutely stock, but he wanted all the boy racer stuff on his,i.e., headers, ported, big cam, big valves, big tires, upgraded suspension etc. His shocks were very expensive "billet aluminum" (you KNOW that's gotta be better)adjustable  shocks.
 I have driven older Ford F-100's which handled and rode better. It was awful. I worked with the shock mfgr, adjusting spring perch heights, swapping out springs etc, and it was still awful. Finally, I gave up and returned them and exchanged them for a set of Koni's and stock springs. Amazing difference.
Changing just the shocks for Koni's transformed the car.(One big difference is the E Type had 4 coil-overs on the rear as stock)
Mike Moore
300H