Re: [Chrysler300] re 300F seat back springs

Re: [Chrysler300] re 300F seat back springs

Ross:
I cannot determine from my parts books how many were specified.  For  the
adjusting screw they mention, it is use as required.  The actual  "springs"
are not listed.  However in the 1961 parts book graphic,  something that
could be them is identified as simply "spring".  Two are  shown on the passenger
seat, but a part number is not given.  When I put  the new leather in my
300F, I am almost positive there were restraint springs  on each side of the
passenger seat.  I can't imagine why the driver's  seat would need any, but I
think there was at least one in it as well.  So,  my guess would be to go
with 2 in the passenger seat and do whatever you like  for the driver's.
Anyone with other ideas/info?  I found them a  little tricky to get just right.

300ly, Gil C.

In a message dated 9/11/2012 9:08:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,