From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Michael Moore
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 10:04 AM
To: Chrysler 300 Club International
Subject: [Chrysler300] TIRE PRESSURE

Here in California, a new law went into effect which requires garages to
check tire pressure whenever a car comes in for service.

I believe in factory recommended tire pressure as a baseline. The standard
herein Ca seems to be 35 psi.
My 2007 Subaru, my 1997 Benz, as well as my 59 TR3 have all had the 35 pound
treatment and they each ride like an oxcart and steer differently at that
tire pressure. The Benz ought to be 28 all around, the TR ought to be 22 and
the Subaru something else ? but lower.

They all are much nicer to drive with FSM correct tire pressure.

My 300H picked up 38 psi last week while visiting the garage.
The FSM specifies 24 for the 300H.
In 1968 when I bought my first set of Michelin X's for the 300H, the
Michelin dealer said they would look low at 24 because they were radial, but
the only reason to pump them up was if people kept telling me they were low!

This morning I noticed American Classic, the mfgr. says to keep them at 35
psi or the whitewalls will crack.

Any experience with that? (I don't like 35!)

Mike Moore
Morgan Hill, Ca

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional