[Chrysler300] Limited slip diff 300H

Today, I was able to take my 300H for a drive.
In the last year, its had new brake cylinders, inc master, new shoes, drums (4) turned,
hoses, dual diaphragm booster, radiator, totally restored carbs, new fuel pump, plugs, wires, coil, tires, shocks, rebuilt steering box,  wheel alignment  and new e brake.

Finally, it was time to seriously drive it. I went about 5 miles and back, but it was through the mountains around here (Morgan Hill, Ca). I got to exercise it pretty hard, and I was really pleased. It handled well and went very well even with poor gasoline.

There is a fly in the ointment though. I made a very sharp turn, almost a u turn, and got a lot of jerking and clanking from the rear end. The u joint was clanking pretty hard. The u-joints do not have more that 5000 mille on them.

I am suspicious of the lubrication used in the limited slip diff.  What differential oil are we using  there?

Thanks, MIke Moore

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: