Re: [Chrysler300] F Body disc brakes on 300H ?

Re: [Chrysler300] F Body disc brakes on 300H ?

Jeff,

Forget about all that "cut & paste" stuff and buy the disc brake conversion kit from AAJ. It is worth every penny spent. It includes the mounting brakets, machined spindle adapters, hardware, and detailed instructions. you will need loaded calipers from a 76 Monte Carlo, available off the shelf at any NAPA store, and the rotors are from a 76 Dodge Charger. It takes about 2 hours for the complete job and you can do it in your garage with normal hand tools.

My H wouldn't stop with the stock brakes even though everything was new. After two or three stops, I had severe brake fade. I tried making adjustments several times, I took the brake components to a brake shop and had the shoes trued to the drums, nothing improved my braking. After installing the AAJ disc brake conversion, I can stop on a dime and get a nickel change!

Regards,

Mark Souders

300H

Mohrsville, PA