[Chrysler300] 300C Wheel Cover Question

Looking for feedback regarding a set of 300C wheel covers that were formerly owned by the late George Berg.   In place of the usual red paint in the center depression of the covers, these have a red die cut vinyl appliqué.  I don't think I have ever come across such.  Everything in my experience has been red paint and varying degrees of deteriorated red paint until it has totally faded or been polished away to nothing.   I have never seen any evidence of vinyl appliqué residue that I recall.

My question then is does anyone else have similar 300C wheel covers that they believe have or had factory red appliqués?  Or at some time in the past did someone offer such appliqués to restorers for their wheel covers?   Might George Berg or someone else ("other" club perhaps?) have experimented with an appliqué years ago?  Other thoughts?

Thanks,
Wayne Graefen

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional