
Fw: Re: [Chrysler300] F window removal
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fw: Re: [Chrysler300] F window removal
- From: Bruce Paul <b_paul_ncp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 13:56:55 -0800 (PST)
Hi Neal,
Gil's advice is very good. Start with the motors and hopefully you won't have to disassemble anything else.
I removed each power window motor on my 300G when I acquired the car back in 1982 because none of them worked. I cleaned and lubricated the insides, freed the brushes, and polished up the commutator on the armature. I also cleaned and lubricated the tracks and linkages as best I could without disassembling them. After 27 years, the windows still go up and down smoothly and quickly without any additional service having been done.
Based on working on the window regulator of a 1967 Imperial that my brother owns, I cannot recommend disassembling the regulator unless you really know that it has a problem. It becomes a hazard to personal safety when it is removed and the spring energy is released.
Bruce Paul
Cherry Hill, NJ
--- On Sat, 1/24/09, lettercars@xxxxxxx <lettercars@xxxxxxx> wrote:
From: lettercars@xxxxxxx <lettercars@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] F window removal
To: mr300f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 1:02 PM
Neal and All:
I went thru all this with my 300F cvt, and don't remember any particular
problems. I think it might be a wise first step to remove the motors only on
the slow windows and clean and lube (not much lube!) them. Also clean up their
commutators. Some---don't remember how much----of the sliding surfaces can
also be reached to clean and lube with the regulator still in the car. I had
to remove the entire regulator/transmiss ion assy, as the lube inside the
transmission was dried out. The windows had not been operated for over 30
years. If memory serves, the only time the assist spring pressure comes into play
is when the transmission is removed from the regulator linkage. Having the
regulator in the full up position at this time will minimize its effect.
Hope this is a little helpful.
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Tallahassee, FL
In a message dated 1/22/2009 2:54:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mr300f@insight. rr.com writes:
Hi Group
I'm interested in removing the glass from the doors on my F for the
purpose of replacing the leather washers and bushings. All the windows
work but at varying speeds so I thought it's time for some maintenance.
I can see the clips using a mirror but can't seem to see a way to get
them off. Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks
Neal Thomas
Pickerington OH
300F
67 Charger
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
------------ --------- --------- ------
To send a message to this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300@ yahoogroups. com
For list server instructions, go to
http://www.chrysler 300club.com/ yahoolist/ inst.htm
For archives go to http://www.forwardl ook.net/300- archive/Yahoo! Groups Links
************ **From Wall Street to Main Street and everywhere in between, stay
up-to-date with the latest news. (http://aol.com? ncid=emlcntaolco m00000023)
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
------------------------------------
To send a message to this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chrysler300/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chrysler300/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Chrysler300-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mailto:Chrysler300-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network
Archive Sitemap