
RE: [Chrysler300] 300 c carburetor modifactions
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Chrysler300] 300 c carburetor modifactions
- From: "George McKovich" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:52:31 -0700
I would say, if you do not see the small holes in the sides of the air horn
and the jets and metering rods are not the correct size, then you have no
modification. I own two 300C's and have owned 6 or 8 sets of 300C carbs and
have yet to see a set that was already modified.
George
_____
From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of c300c@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 09:47 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300 c carburetor modifactions
Vince,
How do you know your carbs haven't already been updated? I have owned many
300-Cs and the modifications had all been made. There was a carb
modification
kit in 1957 that dealers used to cure 'stumbling on turns' complaints in the
early carbs.
If your 300-C is later production, I would venture to say the mods have
already been made, especially if you have no 'stumbling on turns'.
Gary Hagy
300-C coupe
300-C conv.
In a message dated 12/15/2008 8:58:05 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
vhelbling@tampabay. <mailto:vhelbling%40tampabay.rr.com> rr.com writes:
I would like to try the modifications described in the Chrysler TECHNICAL
BULLETIN #364 (or 384) dated 7/18/57. The change involves installing (4)
metering rods #75-1160. Does anyone know a source? Or can anyone tell me the
diameter of the rod at high speed (small diameter) and low speed (large
diameter). Is there a cross reference chart available that shows chrysler
numbers vs
carter numbers on the metering rods. Does anyone have any info how this
change worked in their car, especially regarding idle? I think I read
somewhere
that this change was incorporated into carburetors for 1958. Anyone have any
advice? I have the motor on a running stand in the garage and will happily
post results if I can get enough parts and info to try it. If the change is
already in the 58 carbs, I could trade my spare 57 carbs. Vince in tampa bay
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
------------------------------------
To send a message to this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300@ <mailto:Chrysler300%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
For list server instructions, go to
http://www.chrysler <http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm>
300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
For archives go to http://www.forwardl
<http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/Yahoo> ook.net/300-archive/Yahoo!
Groups Links
**************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and
favorite sites in one place. Try it now.
(http://www.aol.
<http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000
010> com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010)
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
------------------------------------
To send a message to this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chrysler300/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chrysler300/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Chrysler300-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mailto:Chrysler300-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network
Archive Sitemap