
Re: [Chrysler300] 66 brakes - single brake line system to dual system
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Chrysler300] 66 brakes - single brake line system to dual system
- From: "Mark Lindahl" <mplindahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:17:05 -0500
Hi Jonathan,
See email below. I used this for my '63 300 with no problems.
The pedal is higher than before and seems firmer.
You may need to add one or two longer brake line depending on the year of the Chrysler.
The adapter lines listed below were only about 8" long, as I remember
AutoZone had the master cyl. for a lower price so I went there. www.autozone.com
Mark Lindahl
'63 300 Conv.
Hello Mark;
When I did my 66 300 here is what I used from NAPA:
Part Number 10-1323, 1967 Chrysler Master Cylinder for Drum/Drum brakes.
Part number 813-1158, Adapter line from master cylinder to standard line.
Part number 813-1156, Adapter line from master cylinder to standard line.
Part number 302 X 3, Line connector
Part number 702X3, 3 port distribution block.
----- Original Message -----
From: Jonathan Sacks
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:21 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] 66 brakes - single brake line system to dual system
Hi folks,
Finally getting around to changing my 42 year old brake lines... Decided to switch to a dual system while I'm at it. Couple of questions, if I may:
1) Since dual systems weren't made for the 66's, can I just use a "67 dual master cylinder? is there on in particular I should be looking for? I have a vacuum booster in my 4 dr hardtop.
2) Anyone ever used Inline Tube for the pre-bent lines? Fine Lines and Right Stuff didn't seem to have the proper patterns.
3) Any preferences for stainless vs original material?
4) Any tips on things I might overlook?
Thanks a million!
Jonathan
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
------------------------------------
To send a message to this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chrysler300/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chrysler300/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Chrysler300-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mailto:Chrysler300-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network
Archive Sitemap