RE: [Chrysler300] lens cleaner

Hello Group,

Likewise, I have restored brilliance to damaged clear plastic lenses we
manufacture using toothpaste and swirl remover.  Our injection-molded clear
polycarbonate (hard clear plastic) radio lenses can be rid of minor and
not-so-minor surface scratches with great success.  Minor sanding with fine
#1200 or better sand paper, if needed, followed by careful
rubbing/burnishing with toothpaste, produces amazing results.

Nothing will bring you back to a virgin surface.  Even one careful dusting
of any virgin molded plastic surface will begin to affect brilliance.  That
said, when I compare a restored lens to a one day old never-touched piece,
the outcome is amazing.  The final work-out with swirl remover is highly
recommended.

I use the lower cost, less aggressive Colgate/Crest types.  Non-toothpaste
formulations work well too, but I don't feel they are any better.  Brasso
may be as good, but for our needs the solvent base of the product presents
another consideration.

Highly configured or large exterior lenses will require a whole bunch of
work and time.  If your results are not satisfactory, look there for the
answer.  Hand polishing is a Zen thing like bodywork.  It's not for
everybody.

Ohmmmm!

Ed J.

San Mateo, CA