Re: [Chrysler300] correct restorations vs restomods

Re: [Chrysler300] correct restorations vs restomods

Of course that's true they are "as safe" in a general
sense, on the cars they were originally engineered
for. However we're talking about the cobbling together
of junkyard parts, mix-and-match master cylinders,
proportioning valves, hoses, etc. Or else using new
parts from other cars and sometimes other makes, along
with custom parts of unknown origin. Some people have
even altered spindles and steering geometry to make
the related parts fit.

In this day and age I'm surprised at your faith in
insurance companies. If they figured out the brakes
were non-stock I bet they wouldn't pay a claim without
a fight. The more likely scenario is they wouldn't be
smart enough to check it out.

--- moparpjf@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Daylight Time, r41hp@xxxxxxxxx
> writes:
>

> The key phrase in that regulation is "or as safe as"
> originally equipped.  I
> doubt that anyone, including your insurance company,
> would claim that the disc
> brakes were less safe than the original drums.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pete Fitch

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional