Re: [Chrysler300] New question on fuel tank sending units

Re: [Chrysler300] New question on fuel tank sending units

He probably learned the hose trick on the first one he welded!

I once worked in a Toyota  Shop and we had an underground waste oil
storage tank. Right beside the back overhead door, there was a basin
that we poured our roll around drain buckets into, with a sludge
separator. You poured in the oil and it overflowed into the pipe that
went into the tank. We ALL used these roll around's to catch the gas
when we changed fuel filters mounted under the cars. One day the door
broke and the overhead door company guy came and had to replace the
side track which was bolted to the wall. He proceeded to climb up a 12
foot ladder and start cutting the bolts off with a torch. The slag
dropped right into the sludge tank that had a little gas floating on
top (it had been a real busy day). I heard a boom, looked over and saw
a ball of fire run up the wall, over the guy, and 30 feet or so down
the ceiling. The guy fell off the ladder and was burned and hurt, and
went to the Hospital. The day before this happened, we got some signs
sent to us by the oil or Insurance company warning anyone not to use
open flame around the tank, the shop forman hung it up on the wall
right above the tank. When the fire  and OSHA inspectors arrived, they
saw the sign and we were off the hook. One day saved our shop a big
fine. Usually signs like this lay on someone's desk for months.
Ray