Re: [Chrysler300] slow starting '55

Art Cragnotti wrote:

> Thanks one and all for your responses to my starting problem. I'm happy to
> know it's not just my car! It looks like the place to start (no pun
> intended) is with the battery cables. Lets see what happens.
>
>      Thanks Art

Ditto that 'First place to start' idea.

I wanted to get replacement cables for my Hodge Podge Dodge truck,
and seeing as I was trying to save $$ for the resto project (eternally
under way it seems) I didn't want to pay dealer $$ for both cables.
That might have been a mistake, because, all the after market cables I
found in this area that had respectable battery clamps were of a smaller
gauge then I expected. It took months of casual searching hither thither
an yon before I was able to put together a 'set' of cables that had met
my requirements, good wire gauge, proper terminals, good solid battery
clamps, and under the $$ threshold I wanted to earmark for this effort.

So, you might have been a victim of an earlier replacement situation
that also didn't end up being the right gauge wire, (or that dreaded
'Murphy's Law' unsatisfactory clamp connections ??

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy

Yahoo! Groups Links