  From: christopher beilby
  To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 9:22 AM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] 300C rear spring rate query

  I know it has likely been given before, but what is the lbs per inch/foot?
  rate for 1957 300C rear leaf springs - ie the amount of force required to
  deflect the spring a certain amount.

  Earlier I asked if anyone had tried/experimented with stronger than stock
  rear springs rather than fitting rear sway bars, and got no replies, and
  since then have fitted stronger rear springs to my work horse 71 El Camino
  with very positive (flatter cornering, not ride really though) results, and
  so I am thinking even more so of trying getting stiffer rear springs for one
  of my 300Cs, and so knowing what rate they were stock will help decide how
  much stiffer to try for.

  Driving my first 300C today, and to beat heavy oncoming traffic, I floored
  it from standing start for first time in a while, and was pleased/reminded,
  how well a well tuned one gets up and goes - which was just as well as it
  was only a 30 metre gap I jumped into, it rapidly closing off by a 40 mph
  bus that was what I was cutting in in front of - that old 392 really got
  into it, stood the C on it's tail as it got up to 40 mph. Then coming home
  tonight, I shut down a local product V8 'hoon boys' favourite sedan, by
  jumping him as soon as light turned green - the C's Torqueflight hole
  shotting his modern GM slushmatic in first 30 feet, so he never really
  bothered as 'game over' already. Any of you with those early hemi 300s, and
  a well set up torqueflight, give them the odd 'bit of stick' every so often
  - it should bring a smile to your face - and boy that could be a good thing
  with much bad news/events round lately !!?

  take care, enjoy those 300s,

  Christopher in Oz where our dry weather/drought just gets worse if winter
  break does not come soon as autumn deepens.

  ps after just doing a 3 day fast 'out of state; trip im my souped up 71 El
  C, and then stepping straight into my 'old' 57 300C - even with not so firm
  rear springs, my C can be driven harder in a slow 90 degree corner, buried
  into it with brakes, pull wheel hard around, then plant it coming out, and
  suburban (slow traffic down) roundabouts are also surer in the old C than
  the more agile 71 El C, and those old 69-72 El Caminos are no barge, poor
  handler, re good feeling steering, disc brakes, and punch out of corners if
  motors slightly worked over. Only '300C' negative, the body is not as
  flex/squeak free.

  Advertisement: 1000s of Sexy Singles online now at Lavalife - Click here
  http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D27782&_t=762229680&_r=lavalife_apr07_1000sexysingles&_m=EXT

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: