Re:leaking heater core

John, I'm surprised!  Your old time shop should certainly know they can order a core cut to the size they need for that heater core and install it themselves.  If they don't know this, they ain't no old timey shop worthy of the name.  Heck, send it here and I'll get it done in Kerrville for you.   Or, Classic Auto Air in Tampa will be more than happy to take care of your need.