[Chrysler300] Oklahoma IS OK!

This message comes to you from Santa Rosa, NM--on Route 66.  Ruthanne and I
are on our way back to CA and want to publicly express our appreciation to
the way cool Kern family and all the others that made this year's Fall meet
a booming success.

Unfortunately, the majority of our members can't attend every show, but this
one was well documented on a CD prepared by Rob Kern's son, "RJ", a
professional photographer.  It captures the essence of our brutes, and of
our cars, too!  The owners' efforts to polish their cars paid off by
providing suitable grist for RJ's pro-grade camera.  Special thanks to the
owners of the 24, or so, cars for sharing them--and to RJ for capturing the
people, places and cars.  As always, a spectacular and colorful show.

You all would have enjoyed seeing "Adam", a dual quad 331 hemi-powered 1953
Chrysler race car, acknowledged to be the grandpappy of all our 300's.

The in house entertainment was decidedly wacky and I urge you to view or buy
a copy of the CD illustrating and documenting all, or most, of the
highlights of the weekend.  Let it be said that Finocchio's has nothing on
our entertainers!

We were also afforded a preview of David Coston's labor of love--the
"Chrysler 300 Project", a DVD with Chrysler and Chrysler 300 history
interwoven into last year's Fall meet at South Lake Tahoe.  In spite of a
few shots of a portly, gray-bearded member rambling on and on, that DVD is
also a collector's item and highly recommended.  I especially liked the shot
of the C-300 on Chrysler's high speed track, bearing down on the camera
buried in the tarmac!  David sold out his first batch and is having another
1,000 made so stay tuned for information on how to get one.

While loading up at the motel this AM, a man came over to observe the
remaining cars and expressed regret over not seeing the show.  He said it
all when he said "they don't make 'em like that any more".

C-300'ly,
Rich & Ruthanne Barber
Somewhere on the Mother Road

Yahoo! Groups Links