Re: [Chrysler300] Former member dies

As well as mine.  When I purchased my B in Canada, I shipped it back to Iowa
City, Iowa for restoration at Warren Automotive.  They specialized in
Bloomington Gold Corvettes, but had worked with Ken in restoring his B.  Ken
acted as my eyes and ears and consultant on the restoration of my car.   His
home was in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, just a hop and a jump from Iowa City.
While traveling on business from my Calyfornua home,  I probably made a 1/2
dozen side trips to Iowa City while the car was under restoration.  Ken
always insisted that he be my host while I visited.  We spent many hours
together discussing many topics, additionally over the years spent many more
hours chatting by telephone.

He was a great 300 resource, not only for parts(the only time I ever saw a
set of NOS sill plates for a B and I could not talk him out of them) but
also for his general knowledge of letter cars and B's in particular.

I met the fellow who purchased Ken's B when he sold it.  Think he was from
CT.  He was at a National Meet of the the "other" 300 club at Folsom, Ca.
some 5 or so years ago.  I spoke to Ken several times over the past few
years and knew that he was not well, but had no idea that he was suffering
from cancer.

I knew very well the controversy as mentioned by David Schwandt.  Ken
reminded me(often) of it when I told him that I had purchased and was
restoring a set of wires for my B.

He will be missed by me.  Without his help, I doubt that my car would have
become what it is today.

Roger Schaaf
300 B, Calyfornua