Re: [Chrysler300] 440 engine markings

Herb,

I believe the HP2 designation is means that this is a "six-pack" motor.  My '70 440+6 'Cuda has its original motor and is stamped HP2.  To my recollection, the HP2 "six-Pack" motors had a different crank, camshaft gear, balancing and beefier pistons.  I remember reading this in my old "Direct Connection Racing Manual".  It's still floating around here somewhere.  I'll see if I can find it.  BTW, I'd be curious if the serial number is stamped on the side of the block (passenger side on a flat spot just above the oilpan).  It might shed some light on what the engine was originally installed in.  '70 & '71 would be a "V" code if it were 440+6.  I've seen some blocks were the entire serial number of the car was stamped there, and then I've seen some that only had the last six sequence numbers stamped there.

Best Regards,

Thomas F. Miller
tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
'57 300C, '70 440+6 'Cuda

>>> <white300c@xxxxxxx>  >>>
Would anyone know what a HP2 440 stamping is ? Could this be a 300 Hurst
engine ? or a 6 pack block ?

Thanks , Herb

Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links