Re: [Chrysler300] 300 Heritage Edition

There is always hope for rein  CAR nation of the letter car as this club
defines it.  A 2-door coupe or convertible with a special HO engine and
unique trim would seem to fit.  The 4-door Heritage edition with the
standard engine and a little special trim doesn't cut it by a long
way--more like the generic '62's-'71's, the '79's and the '99+"M's".

But the 300 was originally a marketing tool and the cachet still works
in that mode 50 years later.  As the rising tide of heavy publicity and
sales of the new 300's is lifting all our boats, we should continue to
tolerate the wannabe 300's and communicate our wishes for a real one to
Chrysler.  I feel that is what the Dodge Boys did and they may be
rewarded with a pretty authentic-looking Challenger.  Golly, they even
made an SRT-8 Jeep.

I'm thinking they should bring out their Chrysler coupes and
convertibles with the 372 c.i.d. or greater engine and name the first
models Chrysler 400-A and let 'er rip for another 50 years.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA (cool and sunny today-more rain expected)
1955 C-300

Val Jeffers wrote:

>Has there been any talk of the SRT Hemi being available for this model ? Personally I will get one if they do.
>
>                                                                                        Thanks,
>
>                                                                                        Val Jeffers

Yahoo! Groups Links