[Chrysler300] re tires on new aussie 300C meets 57 300C

[Chrysler300] re tires on new aussie 300C meets 57 300C

Re site discussion re tires on US models, the new 300 in aussie is fitted
with Pirellis, and seemingly comes from Austria, according to latest
magazine re it's release.  That was Austria, not Australia where they are
built - hope to have shots back tonight I can send of the dash - rhd.

To Owen in NZ, and anyone else thinking of running comparisons of old versus
new 300Cs, irrespective of whatever tires on new 300, old 300Cs must/should,
be fitted with 235 wide latest radials, preferrably 15 by 75 series to equal
original height, rather than original type tyres, otherwise old 300 is going
to look real bad re handling and braking?  Plus my old 300 had metallic type
lining material on front shoes when I bought it 25 years ago - it still
there, and the brakes bloody brilliant re feel and bite, even the magazine
test guy commenting on how good they were, plus I forgot to mention he was
impressed when he smoked up  a rear tire on my car when he kicked it back a
gear at about 40 mph when we were doing side by sides on the drag strip.  He
initially thought it was new 300 beside us, until it's driver told him it
was us, which we then realised.  Pity I never had my octane boost, would
have really smoked them up.  Motor pinged on start up, so fuel was obviously
not too flash, as these motors usually not too bad re pinging.

Better go, sun finally shining here after near 4 days of showers, rain, most
of which too late for farmers.
Christopher in Australia on Remembrance Day where each year at 11am we
remember those who gave their lives in War for others - 'Lest we forget'