Re: Re: [Chrysler300] My 300G for sale item number 4571231312

Re: Re: [Chrysler300] My 300G for sale item number 4571231312

Pete, you have got to be freaking kidding me! Since when does it matter if a person is restoring for resale or for keeping? Why does that mean the restorer is not a true afficianado as you put it? ALL of the cars i have restored have been sold. I guess I am not a true Believer as well? Maybe some people as i do, love to do the restos, but when the car is done i have nothing to do so i sell the rig to do another project. Because i do this, I choose my projects carefully so when i sell i DO make a profit. Besides, isnt the whole point to see as many of these 300s restored as possible? who gives a crap if the guy who did the resto made money! The higher prices these cars are bringing in these days are also enabling many restorers to tackle the financial aspect of doing a 300 that may have been to rough a car to do a couple years ago, and if it cant be done for at least some profit they WILL NOT BE RESTORED. Your attitude is exactly what will put future collectors and restorers off!!  How many people are left that are willing to deal with these complicated cars?
I buy and sell parts and cars, provide restoration services and do restorations. Since this is all I do fo a living I do it for a profit. I also believe that I am more of a true enthusiast than most. I am thinking of buying a 300F convert to restore but the costs are staggering these days, and yes it would be resold at a profit. I am not going to sell my house so i can live in an F convert. I have been on the fence with these older cars these days and all this just makes me lean a little farther to the other side. I have aquired some more 60-61 parts recently, perhaps rather than sell them at a profit to people who really need them for their projects i will scrap it all and move on. Whatever.
Lee Meyer in San Diego