
Re: [Chrysler300] Eastwood paint for my 300
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Chrysler300] Eastwood paint for my 300
- From: cotejohnr@xxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:06:06 -0400
Perhaps if Eastwood does have a high solids content the solids settle
out and plug up the works. I read somewhere that all spray cans should
be stored on their side to increase shelf life. I , and I'll bet all
of us, don't follow this storage method. When I have a problem , I
throw the spray nozzle into lacquer thinner ( I save all the tops so I
can just pick another one out of the lacquer) and plug it in, turn
upside down and hope it sprays again. Sometimes works just fine and
sometimes it doesn't but I rarely end up throwing away cans that are
still half full.
John Cote
CT.
-----Original Message-----
From: John Spiers <spiers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:29:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Eastwood paint for my 300
I"ve purchased some various paints from Eastwood and have had the same
storage
results. Not to defend them in any way, but I recall that the couple
types of
paint from them seem to have fairly high solids content - would this
tend to
cause the failures we've seen? I've had them clog, and others, the
propellant
gave out before the paint did.
I also have spray cans of brand X that are a dozen years old or that I
still use
for touch-up & small projects, just not any Eastwood cans.
John Spiers
News4ge@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 8/17/2005 12:48:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jpmiklas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I had a similar problem with Eastwood. New cans of spray paint would
fizzle
and quit. I took them to Carlisle to exchange them and they said "tough
luck"! I know a lot of folks have had good luck with Eastwood and I
don't
want to start a dialog!!!!! I had the most problem with their "Detail
Gray".
Their advice to me was to buy only what i needed and not to
"overstock"! -
Jeff Miklas
Not to start a dialog, but this sounds like a pretty weak excuse. I've
got
several cans of all brands and kinds of paint that I bought 25 years
ago, and I
still use them for touchup, wheel wells, etc.
George Clineman
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
To send a message to this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For list server instructions, go to
http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
SPONSORED LINKS
Chrysler 300 Chrysler sebring Chrysler town country Club international
---------------------------------
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
Visit your group "Chrysler300" on the web.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.
---------------------------------
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
---------------------------------
Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
To send a message to this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For list server instructions, go to
http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
Yahoo! Groups Links
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->
To send a message to this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chrysler300/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network
Archive Sitemap