Re: [Chrysler300] Power Steering Pump Query

Re: [Chrysler300] Power Steering Pump Query

I have to say I have had no good results with Thompson pumps.   I rebuilt the original one on my C, using every step outlined in the service manual and it seems to have adequate output, even at idle.  But it is really noisy when turning the wheel when it gets warm and it too loses some assist at idle, but not as much as you are describing.  I then bought another one from a wrecking yard, and just tried it without rebuilding it first.  Same thing - noisy when warm.  I then rebuilt it to no avail.  I am at the point of retrofitting the 58 pump and brackets even though it isn't original.  I am a purist, so I hate doing this, but the Thompson pump has beaten me.  I think it was a one year only application, and I think I know why.  If someone else has been successful with this pump, I too would like to know.
Steve Albu

http://us.click.yahoo.com/0xaSZB/UOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/8LmulB/TM