[Chrysler300] 1960 300 with 3 wheels

300 Members,

    I remember seeing this car going through Chelsea  with the left front
driver's wheel missing. I asked my father about it as he was  a Chrysler engineer
working at the proving grounds there. The car had a skid arm  placed under
the suspension to prevent the front of the car from hitting the  pavement when
braking hard. As to the amount of weight to counter balance the  car I do not
know.

    The trick had everything to do with the new  unibody strength of the new
cars. As I recall the car was white and could drive  down the street at normal
speeds. A slow braking stop would not drop the front  end at all.

    Rather strange seeing this vehicle run around the  town.

    Quentin Smith

http://us.click.yahoo.com/B9pRWD/3MnJAA/Y3ZIAA/8LmulB/TM