
[Chrysler300] Fuel Problems Responses - '65 300
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Chrysler300] Fuel Problems Responses - '65 300
- From: "Ryan Hill" <ryan_hillc300@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:01:20 -0700
Thanks to all of you this evening with several good suggestions.
Unfortunately, I've covered most every one of them already.
Some of you had questions, to clear things up..........I determined I had
adequate fuel pressure by pulling the top off the carb after running it for
a short period and determining the bowls were filled.
Also, as a further test with the fuel line still connected, I placed an ice
cream bucket under the carb top while removed from the base and cranked the
engine with the floats open. Result.....lots of fuel gushing in. I then held
the floats closed with light pressure and cranked the engine again.
Result....no fuel until I released the floats and there was definitely quite
a bit of pressure there.
Although there was some old gas in the tank after sitting for about three
years, I had added about ten gallons of 92 octane prior to starting the
engine up. The lines were clean, filter is new and facing the right
direction.
In the process of blowing out all the passages and making sure nothing was
plugged, I discovered I had used a gasket that didn't allow any vacuum to
the meter rod actuaters. That was corrected. No difference. :(
The pump rod for the throttle pump was replaced and seems to operate as it
should. I think the next test will be to try an old AFB I have kicking
around here to see if there is any difference.
Thanks to all of you for your advice, any new ideas would be welcomed.
Ryan Hill
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/B9pRWD/3MnJAA/Y3ZIAA/8LmulB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->
To send a message to this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chrysler300/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network
Archive Sitemap