From: GERALD OLSON [mailto:olson77@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 8:00 AM
To: Steven
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Disc break conversion again....

Steve, The diameter should be the same. You are using
the your original 61 ball joints, aren't you? The
steering knuckle and spindle should be 75-6-7-8 C-body
{New Yorker}. Are you absolutely certain you're using
the steering knuckle you think your using? The only
difference I found in the steering knuckle was .035
over all length from the top of the upper to the
bottom of the lower. I had to use a thinner washer
under the crown nut to get the cotter key thru' on one
of um'. The lower one I think! Talk to John Hertog
about the offset spacers needed for the caster-camber
correction. I think we've got that cat pretty well
skinned too but I'll let him tell you bout' that. We
used different methods for the bolts that hold the two
halves together but either way will work. Let me know
how you come out on this. Jerry
--- Steven <goldenlion413@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Good morning all,
> I have another question about the conversion using
> the mid to late 70's "C"
> body spindles.
> I am having trouble with the lower ball joints, it
> seems the diameter if the
> ball joint stud is far greater than the inside
> diameter of the spindle. Does
> anyone know of a solution? And if so could anyone
> give me a part number for
> the ball joint? I know my parts guy is going to look
> at me as if I asked for
> a muffler bearing for a 43 Desoto. Now that the good
> weather is here I am
> back out in the garage working on my own car, and
> loving it all the more.
> Steve
> 60 New Yorker W/ long rams.
> and 4 other Mopars