[Chrysler300] Re: 300G engine "serial number"

[Chrysler300] Re: 300G engine "serial number"

In a message dated 4/4/2005 11:37:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kmrook@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Can anyone tell me where the serial number is on a G engine.  I know
> where the HP and 41 are on the top boss, but where is the S/N and also
> the date code.  I have the car and engine here.  Also, on the date code,
> how do I decipher it.  Thanks in advance.  Sincerely,  Don Rook in Mena,
> Arkansas

Hi Don and All:
The 300G engine does not have a "serial number" as such.  The only
identification of the assembled engine is what you are describing on the machined "pad".
 The date is interpreted as the day of the month for the first one or two
figures, and the month for the last one or two.  For example, 11 12 would
designate an engine assembled the eleventh of December, 1960----still 1961 model year
production.  A 5 21 would indicate an engine assembly of May 21, 1961.   For
this to be a 1961 MY engine, there should also be an "R" before the 41 for "R
series", or 1961.   Hope this helps.   300ly, Gil Cunningham

Give the gift of life to a sick child.