[Chrysler300] NAPA, Pep Boys, Autozone, ad nauseum

[Chrysler300] NAPA, Pep Boys, Autozone, ad nauseum

    I feel for John Hertog and electronics committee.  They must be on the
brink of Sainthood. How they refrain from lashing out at some of you,
presumably some of the nicest people one could meet anywhere ( to hear each
of you describe one another ), is beyond me.  Hey, Steve Estok, did you
ever stop and think that maybe those "pimply" faced kids that look like they
fell face first into a tackle box wouldn't give anything in the world not to
have those pimples ??  Its not as though they want to look like that.  But
you were probably blessed with a clear complexion and never gave pimples a
second thought.   Pete Fitch, you undoubtedly knew exactly what spark plug
brand and number you wanted, had you simply asked for Champion J10Y
or whatever you use the clerk would have given you exactly what you needed,
no questions asked and without insisting it be looked up. I think you
simply wanted to flaunt the fact that you are the owner of a Chrysler 300
which I think is what it's all about to alot of members in this club.
Face it, members, 95 per cent of the population doesn't know ( and probably
doesn't care ) what a 55 - 65 Chrysler letter car was.  Not even during the
years they were produced.  I know, because I've been answering the same
questions about mine for the last 35 years wherever I take it.  Nancy
Kramer, if you knew where the cotter pins were why didn't you go and pick
them up, take them to the cashier and pay for them instead of asking at the
counter ??
Next time you have trouble ordering chicken, point at your leg or flap your
arm like a wing - they'll get the picture.  Sheldon in PA has quite a sharp
memory about his episode at Pep Boys, except what he originally went in to
buy.  Was she that "hot" Sheldon ??  Your driving 40 to 50 year old cars
people.  Would you have expected to go into an auto parts store in 1960 and
find parts on the shelf for a 1920 Ford, Olds, or Cadillac ?? Probably not.
    Point is, as has been pointed out frequently, if it doesn't pertain to
the cars, it has no status here.  If you're bored, lonely, have no one to
talk to and
nothing's on TV, take a nap, visit a real BB where your opinions on oil
filters, insurance, gasolines, taxes, parts clerks, etc., etc. might be
welcomed, surf the net ( I know you haven't reached the end of it ), read a
book, bite your tongue, anything to prevent you from sending your
experiences to the listserver. So lets leave the badmouthing of products and
clerks or anything off here. Not what most of us signed on for.

Del Kerney

Give the gift of life to a sick child.