RE: [Chrysler300] '62 chrysler 300 sport serie

Philippe, I have looked at a 1962 Sport 300 convertible just like the one in your pictures. The only difference was the color. The interior appears to be correct for the Sport series, and could be ordered in leather. The "H" package was also available on the Sport 300 and included the H engine (with dual 4bbl carbs) 150 mph speedometer, 15" wheels, H wheel covers and H suspension and transmission. You can check the engine number that is stamped on the flat surface on the block just right of the distributor. It should read 41 HP and also have the manufacture date. The wheel covers look like they might be from a 1955 or 1956 Dodge. Let us know what you find out.  Doug Warrener, 300H, Fair Oaks, California

-----Original Message-----
From: Philippe Courant [mailto:accf-club@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 8:37 AM
To: Chrysler 300 Yahoo List Server
Subject: [Chrysler300] '62 chrysler 300 sport serie

Hi,
A guy sent me some pics from a car he bought some months ago : a "fresh barn" car, a 1962 300 sport serie convertible.
This car has unusual features: sold new in France, but with a dual carbs setup and 150 mph speedo !
Take a look at the pics
http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f/62chrysler300sp.htm  (hope that the link works ..) and let me know if you think it's an optioned 300 sport serie with "H" features. How to tell if the engine is a 413 ? The dual carbs are like the 59 set up ?

Thanks

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f