[Chrysler300] Windshield and side glass - reply

[Chrysler300] Windshield and side glass - reply

Hi Vernon,

I assume you are talking about your 300F convertible. You fail to mention
whether you are looking for a clear or a tinted windshield, and also whether
you are looking for clear or tinted side glass.  The car may have been
ordered with plain (clear) glass all around;  or with tinted windshield
only; or with tinted glass all around.

As far as I know, the best (and only?) source for reproduction windshields
is Timo Tanskanen - see ad in Club News issues  . Timo Tanskanen, 5885
Jurupa Ave., #G, Riverside, CA., 92504. 909-687-6579. Fax 909-687-5963. New
windshields for '57-'64 MoPar converts & hardtops.  If you order from him,
make sure to discuss the "bug"  that he places on these windshields, made in
Finland.  The garish white "bug" that came on the two windshields I ordered
form him about 3 years ago was quite unacceptable, in my opinion,
considering the price !  I am not sure whether Timo just repro's the tinted
windshields, or whether he sells clear ones as well.

As far as side glass - usual practice is to reuse what's there, or get good
used to replace with . The originals have factory logos embedded in them. I
guess a glass shop might be able to make replacements, since it is
"straight" glass...  the question would then be how to install the new glass
without demolishing the stainless surround...  Comments, anyone else?

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY