From: Roger Schaaf [mailto:obiwan10@xxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 12:04 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; fabe7445@xxxx
Subject: Re: Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler wire wheels

I am not certain but I believe that I had once heard from someone who had
tubeless wires, that it was a band of a silicon like substance around the
perimeter of the wheel where the nipples are inserted.

This person said that had zero problems with leaking. When I had done mine
some 16 years ago I had axed about running tubeless and the
fellow(Borrani's) said could not be done.

If you call a couple of these firms(can probably find with a Google search)
perhaps you could share what you find.

I do no that tubes are heavy, hard to install(in fact my local tire store
did not even know how to mount tires with tubes, I had to show the guys
working there how to install the tubes, then fill the tires with air and let
them deflate--they wondered why that need to be done--) and I believe that
tubes even make balancing more tricky.

Roger Schaaf