Re: [Chrysler300] F 4Speed Convt ?

In a message dated 1/25/2004 5:23:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
edward1108@xxxx writes:

> I've been wondering for long time.....On pages 94 &95 of the book Chrysler
> 300 "America's Most Powerful car" by Robert Ackerson it shows what appears to
> a (red?) F 4Speed Convertible. Was this an actual car ? Any thoughts all ?
>
> Thanks
> Val Jeffers

Hi Val and All:
That picture was doctored by Chrysler to look like a four speed by blackening
out the ash receiver. The shifter boot area on an actual 4 spd car is much
more square in shape, and the gearshift lever not so straight. There is only
one 4spd convert, and it is white. 300ly, Gil C.