[Fwd: Re: [Chrysler300] Floor pans for '62 chrysler Hdt]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Floor pans for '62 chrysler Hdt
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:40:59 +0100
From: Johan <johan.300@xxxx>
To: "Thomas L. DeBusk" <cfdebusk@xxxx>

Hello over there.

If I don't remember wrong, I think Year1 have them.

Best regards... Johan ( 300-G. Conv. )

Sweden

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas L. DeBusk" To: Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 10:36 PM

I believe a '69 Charger floor pan is a nearly identical floor pan to the '62-'64 full-size Chryslers. I'm not sure of the differences, but I'm told they are minor. I'm telling you this from memory, though. I'd double-check the exact year, body style, and other details before you buy and start cutting.
> This comes from a '62-'64 owner who used such a pan, I believe in a '64 Dodge Custom 880.
> I have the exact details in an archived email somewhere and can dig it out if you really need me to, but you might be able to verify elsewhere.
> Those Charger pans are available new somewhere for sure. I have two '64 convertibles, a Custom 880 and a 300K, that both need floor pans, so I'm interested in hearing how yours turns out. Wanna buy in bulk?
> Don't cannibalize the hardtop.
> Thomas DeBusk
> Kenneth Wilson wrote:
> Hi all;
> I have a sport 300 convert that could use better front and rear floor pans (from '60-62? 63?). Any one have a body shell to sell, near San Jose, that I can haul to
a body man, to cut out floor pans and weld into my convert? Is there a current mfg. of floor pans, say for later years mopar, that can be be used? Any suggestions or sources. Any one experience at where to cut the floor pans?
> I never checked the floor of the convert (after I bought it and put into rented storage, some 17 years) condition until recently - of course 1-1/2 year ago I helped a friend cut up a complete 880 Dodge (less engine /wheels) and take it to the scrap yard (he had to move out of rental house and I , living in a track home, had no room for the body/parts. I do not want to resort to cutting up my solid spare (to be restored, some day-but still waiting 15 years later) 300 sport Hdt car, which is complete, A friend wants to buy my Hdt, which I offered for $1500 or less (I keep the running engine), to keep me from destroying it and having to sell off the rest as parts. But I am concern that I may end up paying nearly as much to a junk yard or individual for the floor pans to be removed/shipped -or a body shell delivered to me.
> Ken Wilson
'62 chryslers