Re: [Chrysler300] Floor pans for '62 chrysler Hdt

Re: [Chrysler300] Floor pans for '62 chrysler Hdt

I believe a '69 Charger floor pan is a nearly identical floor pan to the '62-'64 full-size Chryslers. I'm not sure of the differences, but I'm told they are minor. I'm telling you this from memory, though. I'd double-check the exact year, body style, and other details before you buy and start cutting.

This comes from a '62-'64 owner who used such a pan, I believe in a '64 Dodge Custom 880.

I have the exact details in an archived email somewhere and can dig it out if you really need me to, but you might be able to verify elsewhere.

Those Charger pans are available new somewhere for sure. I have two '64 convertibles, a Custom 880 and a 300K, that both need floor pans, so I'm interested in hearing how yours turns out. Wanna buy in bulk?

Don't cannibalize the hardtop.

Thomas DeBusk

Kenneth Wilson wrote:

Hi all;

I have a sport 300 convert that could use better front and rear floor pans (from '60-62? 63?). Any one have a body shell to sell, near San Jose, that I can haul to
a body man, to cut out floor pans and weld into my convert? Is there a current mfg. of floor pans, say for later years mopar, that can be be used? Any suggestions or sources. Any one experience at where to cut the floor pans?

I never checked the floor of the convert (after I bought it and put into rented storage, some 17 years) condition until recently - of course 1-1/2 year ago I helped a friend cut up a complete 880 Dodge (less engine /wheels) and take it to the scrap yard (he had to move out of rental house and I , living in a track home, had no room for the body/parts. I do not want to resort to cutting up my solid spare (to be restored, some day-but still waiting 15 years later) 300 sport Hdt car, which is complete, A friend wants to buy my Hdt, which I offered for $1500 or less (I keep the running engine), to keep me from destroying it and having to sell off the rest as parts. But I am concern that I may end up paying nearly as much to a junk yard or individual for the floor pans to be removed/shipped -or a body shell delivered to me.

Ken Wilson
'62 chryslers