Re: [Chrysler300] (no subject)

In a message dated 1/16/2004 11:09:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
MJMLandDev@xxxx writes:

Does anyone know a good source for cad plating?

I would ask a local machine shop who they send their parts to. Plating is
kind of a specialized process. Try to find someone that does plating for
government (DOD) contracts. They are more likely to keep their tanks clean and
properly maintained.
I don't know what you want plated, but if it is a part that is put under
strain, ask them about heat treating after plating. Cad Plating leaves parts
subject to "Hydrogen Embrittlement", and requires a period in an oven to outgas
entrapped hydrogen so they are not so likely to break under strain.
Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI USA
Retired Quality Assurance Representative, Dept. of Defense