From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxx>
To: "Intl 300" <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <VHelbling@xxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 11:47 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] 300C Data Plate Clarification and Apology

Okay, I'm embarrassed. When the question first came up about what "BODY"
numbers meant on the 300C data plate, I actually answered correctly. Then I
got a quick mail from a member pointing out that I had probably
misunderstood the question and so I sent this list a correction that was
really wrong! Now I've got to stand here and take any stones you wish to
throw for my misleading statements.

ON THE DATA PLATE:

" MDL " should show beneath it either " 563 " for a convertible model or "
566 " for a hardtop model. If any other number is there you either have an
incorrect plate for your 300C or what you think has always been a 300C
started out as a lesser model such as a New Yorker.

" BODY " will show beneath it the sequential production number of that
particular body shell. This number is NOT directly relevant to the VIN
(Vehicle Identification Number) other than lower numbers being produced
earlier in the year and higher being later.

I apologize for the confusion I have caused some of you, particularly Vince
Helbling who raised the initial question to the list.

INCOMING! Stones!

Wayne Graefen

For list server instructions, go to

Yahoo! Groups Links