Re: [Chrysler300] Paint advice

Hi,

Most bodymen I know use 3M D.A.R.T tape. Round foam tape 1/2" or 3/4" diameter that covers the gaps and keeps the jambs clean and leaves no tape line. Whatever works I guess, but I've never seen a vehicle's jambs painted last. How would you paint the parts you can't get at like inner fenders, under hinges, etc? Also, since at least 80% of the cars painted today are two stage( base coat - clear coat) and you don't color sand two stage, they would have to jamb first. I would think people just don't change their methods when doing an occasional single stage paint job.

Just another point of view

Russ Vaughan

dan300f@xxxx wrote:
Hi all:

Just to get my 2 cents worth in here, I paint the door jambs, etc., last. If
they are painted first, then when the body is sprayed, the overspray gets on
the fresh paint on these areas. If painted last, then the overspray gets on
the body which will be color sanded anyway. No use making more work for one's
self.

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT