Re: [Chrysler300] Paint advice

Ryan -

The short answer is, yes, the guy is smoking crack. Stick to your plan.

I have some concerns based on the scenario that you describe:

When you say that the car is in primer, is this a primer that is compatible with the top coat that your painter is planning to apply ?

I would recommend a seal coat over the primer, prior to applying the top coat.

I would question the quality of the primer after a year. You may want to sand it off and have a fresh coat applied.

How close a match will the newly applied paint be to what you have applied maybe a year ago ? Is it coming from the same can that you did the firewall, door jambs, etc. If not, your outerbody panels may be slightly different in color from what you painted previously, even if the shop mixes up a batch according to the formula. My body guy recommended painting everything at once, to avoid this problem.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but these things are worth considering...

Ron