Carter AFB Needed for '63 Chrysler 383/413

Carter AFB Needed for '63 Chrysler 383/413

Hi All,

Please contact me privately if anyone has either a Carter AFB-3478S or AFB-3256S.

The 3478S is listed as TC-1 Police and TC-2 High Performance. (Assume both have 413)

The 3256S is listed as TC-3 and TY-1 (New Yorker or Imperial with 413)

I am thinking of putting this carb on my 383 (formerly 2BBL.) and I assume the 3256S would be better because it is probably set up to run with a normal 413 cam. The 3478S may have been used with a "hot cam"?

Am I correct that the 3478S would possibly be "too much carburetor" for the stock 383 cam?

Or would either carb do the job?

Thanks-
Mark Lindahl
'63 300 Conv.