Seal-beam//Halogen=FIRE

Hello over there.

When I bought my Cad....c -60 back in -95 I picked it up in a small town about 170 miles from
were I live. I drove it home and when I came home my 2 year and 3 year old sons wanted to
go for a ride with daddy's new car. We came 1 mile and then the car was on fire, the coupe was
filled with white thick smoke in a few seconds and large flames under the dash.
My great luck was that this happened just outside a friends house and I could take my boys and
put them outside the car and run in to my friend and take his firedistinguiser and kill the fire.
This fire happened because the seller have replaced the seal beams for halogen and haven't put in a relay.
The circuit-breaker was overloaded and I didn't notice that because I drove it home in daylight.
In Sweden we have had this problem all the time with " blackouts " because we always had to replace
the old sealbeams because sealbeams was not allowed ten years ago and the circuit breakers couldn't
take it without a relay. We never used the Hi-beam on old US-cars.
Now we are allowed to keep the seal beams so I go with that on my G and I think they are good enough
for the way I use my car.

Best regards..... Johan ( G-Conv )